No, what this is is a list of my favorite things from last year. They might be new, they might be old, they might be neither new nor old, but just something I came into contact with, and liked and remembered enough to have them come to mind right now while I am typing this. Ok. Prepped enough? Yes, I hear you saying "Shut up already and get on it with!" So here we go!
- Star Trek
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- The True Meaning of Smekday
- The Hunger Games
- Doctor Who. The new one, of course. Yep, this is my very favorite show. And if that doesn't tell you just about everything there is to know about me, then I don't know what will.
- Warehouse 13
- Community. This show has some flaws, but there are just some things about it that make me laugh and laugh and laugh. I think it is my favorite new show of the year.
- Pepperjack cheese. I am 31 years old, and only last year discovered pepperjack. And it has changed my life forever. I just now ate a pepperjack cheese quesadilla, and my happy belly and greasy keyboard can attest that it is delicious!!
- Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip (There. I hope this counts as forwarding the recipe to all those people I promised to send it to.)
- Tomato Chicken Alfredo
- Homemade Eclairs (And that's for you Alisha!)
- The Christmas Waltz (It was my favorite Christmas song this year. I just wanted to hear it all the time. That very rarely happens.)
- I Am The Highway - Audioslave
- Hey ya - Obadiah Parker (I never loved Outkast, but this version of the song makes my heart go all mushy. Sigh.)
- Bananagrams (aka "Speed Scrabble")
- Runebound (for which my husband better consider himself pretty darn lucky)
- 1,637,529. That number is just so hot right now!
So, anyone else want to do this? I would very much like to hear what everyone else's favorites of the year were. And did I miss anything? Should I include my favorite word or website or anything?